This is what it looked like all tied up, I think it looks like a field full of snowmen, Mr TB countered that saying it looks like haemorrhoids :o)
Pickle inspecting my haemorrhoids ;o)
I love the pleating pattern on the reverse side - will have to remember this when I next want to add some patterned texture to a piece.
I was striving to have the circles above the bands one colour and the base felt another colour. To do this I used my favourite rainbow dyeing technique that involves putting the felt in a zip-lock bag, squirting dye where I want it and massaging the felt to make the dye spread. This gives areas of different colour intensities and if more than one colour is used, colour blending.
Here is the dye added to the bulges above the rubber bands, you can see where I have started to massage the bulges in the lower left to disperse the dye:
On the reverse side I used red dye and massaged again to distribute the dye.
I used green and blue for the other piece, here is the green all massaged through before I added blue to the base.
After fixing in the steamer and rinsing:
These are the pieces, front and back after the bands were removed. I find it surprising just how different the 2 sides are, especially on the green/blue piece
I also did a bit of rainbow dyeing on prefelt today, these are the results, I still haven't decided how I will use them though: