Pages

Labels

Sunday 17 November 2013

The Beach - Wet felting

I've had a very productive day today, done some dyeing, tried my hand at fabric paper lamination (will cover these in another post) and made quite a bit of progress on "the Beach" too. I have laid out all the top for wet felting, I'm afraid I forgot to take a picture before wetting out but here it is before adding the silhouettes:


And after adding the silhouettes and wet felting to within an inch of it's life...

It has to be a certain size (40 x 67 cm) to fit on the stretcher bars without losing any elements of the painting so I have been rolling this piece all afternoon, I even had help from Mr TB when my shoulders were too sore to carry on, but I think it is finally there. No more wet felting at least although I am planning some needle felting to help define the silhouettes better.

2 comments: