As a recap, these are the goals I set myself at the beginning of January:
- dedicate more time to creative activities
- create at least 50 good quality pieces for sale
- find alternative sources for selling my works, including at least 2 craft fairs and improve marketing of my work
- complete my City and Guilds felt making course before August
- post at least once per week
And the results:
- Doing reasonably well on this one, I have taken 2 days off work and used them almost exclusively to make felt or dye fabric. I have "lost" a few days to St John Ambulance, covering events and the annual assessment for role but I think sparing some of you time for voluntary work is important so will not begrudge that. And the work-load from my "proper" job over the last 2 weeks has prevented me from doing anything creative in the evenings.
- I really had to scratch my head for this one, it's amazing how quickly I forget what I did just a couple of weeks ago (is this the beginnings of dementia?!!), but looking back through my blog I realise I have finished half a dozen pieces this month, 3 scarves, a cuff and 2 wall hangings. Big tick for this one then :o)
- This hasn't really progressed a great deal from last month, the only new avenue I have tested is selling my work through the West Surrey Spinners Weavers and Dyers Guild but I have managed to put a few new pieces on Etsy and then of course there was the mega first Etsty sale :o)
- I'm still completing the month 7 assignments, admittedly I have done 3 times more work than was needed but I have really enjoyed working with "clients", discussing their desires and ideas. I am still just about on track to complete the course in August.
- I was comfortably managng this one, posting between 2 and 3 times a week, for the first 3 weeks. Sorry the posts have been a bit slow over the last week or so, I'm having to work round the clock at my day job and it just hasn't left any space for being creative. I hope to post about some felt pieces in the next couple of days though.