This front panel of this dress is parfait dyed haboti silk. This became the basis of her top.
Instead of just having a panel of silk we thought it would be interesting to cover the entire top with silk so I set about dyeing a few metres of haboti in similar colours to the dress:
Then set about laying out the silk and wool over a template cut to Karin's measurements.
The wool colours were graduated from white at the top to chocolate brown at the bottom.
After lots of rolling, massaging and throwing, the wool started to contract and the silk puckered.
I added a few darts to help with the shaping, these photos were taken at the second fitting, I think it looks beautiful already but will add a couple more small darts around the collar.
Wishing you all a wonderful, woolly Christmas and Happy New year!