The first one was produced by just squeezing paint from the tube onto the acetate so perhaps not too surprising that it is mostly "blobby" where the thickly applied paint has spread.
All the others were made with a paint brush, with a few blobs where I was a bit heavy-handed with the paint.
The next 2 are my favourites out of the initial set on copy paper, the first one has a lot of energy and movement about it that I find exciting, the second reminds me of Japanese characters and the repetition of the shapes is quite calming.
This one reminds me of looking at reflections in water ripples...
Using my 2 favourite monoprints above I explored the effects of different papers, this one is textured pastel paper and stamped over the top with a shape I cut from a cleaning sponge.
Some handmade paper with rose petals, I love the mottled effect of this one. I think it is my favourite.
Some marbled paper, the paper looked like clouds on a blue sky so seemed rather appropriate
Textured red card
Then I took the same designs onto fabric.
Having liked the monoprints on mottled / coloured papers so much I rummaged through my stash to find some rainbow dyed cottons. I really like how these turned out, much more exciting than the white background.
Once fixed, I plan to felt these fabrics.